For the cake:
150g FAGE Total
3 medium eggs
185g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the filling and topping:
450g FAGE Total
1 tbsp icing sugar
150g strawberry conserve
350g strawberries, a large handful quartered, the rest thinly sliced
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F fan. Fully line a 7”/18cm loose bottomed cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the cake ingredients until smooth. Pour into the cake tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until pale golden and just springy to the touch. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before removing and leaving to cool completely.
- Mix 5 rounded tablespoons of the yoghurt with the icing sugar and set aside.
- Mix the remainder of the yoghurt briefly with the conserve.
- Using a sharp knife cut the cake horizontally into three. Place the bottom half on a serving plate and top with half the sliced strawberries. Spoon over half of the strawberry yoghurt and spread. Top with the middle cake layer and repeat the layering with the remaining sliced strawberries and yoghurt. Add the final cake layer, spread with the second bowl of yoghurt.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Top with reserved strawberries and serve.