300 g self-rising flour, extra for dusting
280 g FAGE Total 0%, 2%, 5%
Chocolate hazelnut spread
Jam or jelly of your choice
50 g granulated sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add oil to a heavy, medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat (about 180 °C).
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and yogurt with a spatula to form a dough.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and roll the dough into a ball. Use a tablespoon or a melon baller to scoop out the dough and form golf size balls by rolling it in your hands.
- Fry the balls in batches and cook until they float to the top of the oil and are golden brown.
- Use a spoon to remove the beignets and drain on a paper towel lined plate or on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the slightly cooled beignets into the cinnamon sugar and roll each one until fully coated.
- Fill a piping bag and tip with jam or chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Insert the tip halfway through the beignet and squeeze out the filling. Repeat until all beignets are filled and serve warm.