Courgette-Cheddar Fritters with Yoghurt Herb Sauce
1 large courgette, grated on the large holes of a box grater
1 leek, halved lengthwise, washed, and thinly sliced
60g grated white Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
60g dry bread crumbs or panko
15g fresh cilantro, chopped
1 egg beaten
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
For Yoghurt Sauce:
145g FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
60ml olive oil
15g packed chopped cilantro
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoon minced chives
2 tablespoon minced parsley
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 garlic clove, chopped
- Fritters: Place courgette in a thin kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer courgette to a large bowl. Add leek, Cheddar, bread crumbs, cilantro, egg, jalapeño, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium. Form small portions using the courgette mixture and place in skillet, flattening the mixture slightly into cakes. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes, then flip and brown the second side, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet and fry remaining fritters.
- Yoghurt Sauce: In a blender combine FAGE Total, oil, cilantro, green onion, chives, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and garlic and blend until smooth.
- Serve fritters warm with Yoghurt sauce.